Article ID:545831(modified 14 Mar 2016)
NEX-5N, NEX-5ND, NEX-5NK, NEX-5NY
Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is offering a firmware upgrade for Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera NEX-5N.
Improvements after firmware upgrade
- Applies automatic compensation to SELP1650
- Updates RAW data format version
*After this update, distortion correction of RAW data will be available with Image Data Converter Ver.4.2 or later.
The latest version of Image Data Converter is available on the following site.
- Adds bracket shooting exposure settings (three frames / 1.0EV, 2.0EV, 3.0EV)
- Makes SELP1650 retract immediately after turning off the camera
- Improves autofocus operation stability
Improvements from previous version:
- Enhancement of AF response:
- When subject distance changes enormously.
- Improved stability in certain camera operations:
- When setting Lens Compensation: Distortion to Auto and Picture Effect to Miniature at the same time.
- When setting Exposure Compensation, Intelligent AF operation improves.
How to check the firmware version
- Select Menu → Setup → Version on the camera.
- The firmware version is displayed. If your firmware version is Ver. 1.02 or later, the upgrade is not required.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista* SP2
- Windows XP** SP3
* Starter edition is not supported.
** 64-bit and Starter editions are not supported.
Other system requirements
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
* Please close all other application software before upgrading the firmware.
- USB cable supplied with the camera
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- Power source for the camera
Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50 or AC adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately)
Note: The upgrade can be performed only when the remaining battery level is (three marks) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery or the AC adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately).