Article ID:383014(modified 31 May 2011)
ICD-MX20, ICD-P520, ICD-P530F, ICD-P620, ICD-P630F, ICD-PX720, ICD-SX57, ICD-SX67, ICD-SX67DR9, ICD-SX68, ICD-SX700, ICD-SX750, ICD-SX77, ICD-SX78, ICD-SX78DR9, ICD-SX800, ICD-SX800D, ICD-SX850, ICD-SX88, ICD-SX900, ICD-SX950
What does this download do?
The latest version of Digital Voice Editor Version 3.3.01 which allows users to save the messages recorded in a Sony IC recorder onto the computer hard disk for play back or editing is now available.
- ICD-BM Series
- ICD-BP Series
- ICD-MS Series
- ICD-MX Series
- ICD-P Series
- ICD-PX Series
- ICD-S Series
- ICD-ST Series
- ICD-SX Series
Function summary of Digital Voice Editor Version 3.3.01
- Saving and adding the recorded message
- User can save the messages recorded by an IC recorder onto the computer hard disk by the messages or the folders.
- User can also add the messages saved in the computer hard disk to an IC recorder
- Editing the recorded message
- User can divide a message into two messages or combine several messages into one.
- Converting the file format
- User can convert the file format of a message saved in the computer and save it as another file.
- User can also convert a message recorded by an IC recorder into an MP3 file.
- CD burning function (CD Burning Tool for DVE)
- User can add messages from the Digital Voice Editor or Windows Explorer window onto the CD Burning Tool for DVE window, and then burn the data onto a CD-R/RW as an audio CD or data CD.
- CD recording function (CD Recording Tool for DVE)
- User can convert a CD track into a file format that complies with the Digital Voice Editor and then save the converted file on a computer hard disk.
Modifications from previous version
- The Software "Digital Voice Editor Ver.3.3" supports ICD-PX820/PX820M.
- Readme has been revised to include Windows 7 support.
User's computer and system software must meet the following minimum requirements.
Operating System: Pre-Installed
- Windows® 7 (32bit version/64bit version)
(Ultimate/ Professional / Home Premium / Home Basic / Starter)
- Windows® Vista (32bit version/64bit version) (Service Pack 1 or higher)
(Ultimate / Business / Home Premium / Home Basic)
- Windows® XP (32bit version) (Service Pack 3 or higher)
(Home Edition / Professional / Media Center Edition 2004 / Media Center Edition 2005)
- Windows® 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 or higher
* Operating system other than the indicated above (such as Windows 98 / Windows 98SE / Windows Me / Mac OS, or Linux) are not supported.
* Microsoft Windows XP 64-bit edition is not supported.
* ICD-P520/P530F/P620/P630F do not support 64bit editions of Windows® 7.
IBM PC/AT or compatible
For Windows 7 - Pentium lll 1GHz processor or higher
For Windows Vista - 800MHz Pentium III or higher)
For Windows XP/Windows 2000, Pentium II 266MHz processor or higher
For Windows 7 - 1GB (32bit version) / 2GB (64bit version) or more
For Windows Vista - 512MB or more
For Windows XP/Windows 2000, 128MB or more
- Hard disk space: 300MB or more depending on the size and number of sound files you store.
- Drive: CD-ROM drive (When creating an audio CD or data CD, a CD-R/RW drive is needed)
- Port: USB port: Sound cards compatible with any of the supported Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Display: High color (16bit) or more and 800x480 dots or more
- Internet access for Voice Mail function and CD database service
Note: The following systems are not supported.
- Operating Systems other than those listed above.
- Personally constructed Personal Computers or Operating Systems
- Upgraded Operating Systems
- Multi-boot environment
- Multi-monitor environment
Digital Voice Editor Ver.3.3.01 (English)
File name : DVESetup_EN.exe
File size: 93.8 MB (98,427,240 bytes)
Updated on: 3rd March 2010
Digital Voice Editor Ver.3.3.01 (Simplified Chinese)
File name : DVESetup_CN.exe
File size: 81.1 MB (85,114,952 bytes)
Updated on: 3rd March 2010
When using on Windows 7 / Vista / XP /2000
For users of ICD-P17, ICD-P27, ICD-P28, ICD-P110, ICD-P210, ICD-P320, ICD-P330F, ICD-P520, ICD-P530F, ICD-P620, ICD-P630F
In case you install the software onto any edition of Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows Vista 64-bit, the following "ICD-P series Confirmation" dialog box will not be displayed.
* ICD-P17, ICD-P27, ICD-P28, ICD-P110, ICD-P210, ICD-P320, and ICD-P330F are not compatible with Windows 7.
For Chinese version DVE: ICD-P320 is not compatible with Windows 7.
To save or edit a DVE (TRC) file of ICD-P series format, it is necessary to install Digital Voice Editor by selecting the setting that use ICD-P series.
- Please check Yes if "ICD-P series Confirmation" dialog box is displayed when installing.
- If user install by selecting the setting that doesn't use the ICD-P series, please install again.
For English version of Digital Voice Editor
For Chinese version of version of Digital Voice Editor
In case previous version of Digital Voice Editor is installed
If user install this software into the computer in which Digital Voice Editor Ver.1.x/2.x/3.0/3.1/3.2/3.3.00 is installed, please note the following points.
- In case Digital Voice Editor Ver.1.x is installed.
Please uninstall* the Digital Voice Editor Ver.1.x if user don’t use the message of ics file format (the message recorded by ICD-R100/R200). User can select whether to uninstall Ver.1.x or not when installing this software.
- In case Digital Voice Editor Ver.2.x or 3.0 is installed.
This software is installed* after previous version is uninstalled.
- In case Digital Voice Editor Ver. 3.1/3.2/3.3.00 is installed.
Overwrite installation of the software will begin.
- Please uninstall the previous version according to the procedure displayed when installing this software.
- The message saved in the computer and/or the option setting may not be inherited over normally if user uninstall it from the uninstall function attached to the previous version.
Backup of the recorded message