|1. Upgrade OpenMG Jukebox Version 1.1/1.2/2.0 to Version 2.2.10.07040||19 Oct 2004||2.2.10.07040||49.80 MB|
MSGC-US10, NW-E3, NW-MS6, NW-MS7, NW-MS9
Important Note Before Downloading
This upgrade program is only for customers who own the above models. You will be prompted to enter the serial number of your portable device to download the upgrade program. Please prepare the serial number of your portable device prior to the downloading.
Please follow the steps below to download the OpenMG Jukebox Version 2.2 Upgrade Program:
1. Set up a folder to store the downloaded file on your hard disk.
Assume the folder name is OMG_Up and created in drive C.
2. Download the following file onto the folder created in Step 1.
* Serial number of your portable device is necessary for the downloading.
Caution! It might take a long time to download the file, depending on the Internet communication environment that is used.
3. Once the download is completed, in Windows Explorer, select the [View] menu and click [Details] to check the file size. If the file size is different from the file size shown above, download the file again.
Click on [I accept] below to download the upgrade program after reading the instruction. It will bring a dialog box and begin the download. Follow the instructions in dialog box appearing on the screen.
Once the download is completed, please follow the steps below to upgrade the version of the OpenMG Jukebox on your computer.
1. Reboot your computer in order to perform the upgrade in a stable condition.
2. Quit all programs.
* If the OpenMG Jukebox icon is displayed on the task tray, remove it.
3. Click Start and click Run.
The Run... dialog box appears.
4. In the Open text box, type "C:\OMG_Up\Upgrade_OMG22A.exe".
Click OK. An installation screen appears.
5. Click the [Upgrade to OpenMG Jukebox Ver.2.2] button to start the installation.
6. Follow the instructions displayed.
Note: When at the Choosing Destination Location stage for the installation of OpenMG Jukebox Version 2.2, we recommend that OpenMG Jukebox be installed onto the default folder according to the settings.
However, if you would like to install OpenMG Jukebox to other locations, please follow the steps below:
i) Create a new folder and ensure that OpenMG Jukebox is installed onto this folder.
ii) The "Assertion Failed!" dialog box with the message "GetLastError returned: 87" or similar messages may appear. Please ignore the dialog box and click [OK] to continue. The installation will be completed normally.
7. The message "You have just completed a successful installation". Please click on "Restart to reboot your computer." appears when the upgrade is completed.
8. Click [Restart].
Note: The "ReadOnly File Detected" window may appear during the installation.
Select the "Don't display this message again" checkbox and click "Yes.
Alternatively, you may click "Yes each time the window appears to continue.
Please refer to the step below to verify that the upgrade was successful.
- Start "OpenMG Jukebox". From the [Help] menu, select [About OpenMG] Jukebox.
If OpenMG Jukebox Version 2.2.10.07040 is indicated in the [About OpenMG Jukebox] dialog box, you have successfully upgraded your software to OpenMG Jukebox Version 2.2.
Please download the appropriate driver for your portable device after the upgrade to OpenMG Jukebox Version 2.2 is completed.
- Sony Corporation is not liable for any defects arising from the non-conformance of any of the instructions that appear here.
- Please follow the procedure, and download make proper use of this program.
- This upgrade program is for the exclusive use of PC pre-installed with Windows(R) 98 / 98SE / Millennium Edition / 2000 Professional / XP Home
Edition / XP Professional ONLY.
- DO NOT use this upgrade program with Windows 95, Windows NT, or other OS.
- This program has the copyright protection. The user may not transfer and copy this program, and not grant to use it within the given use by Sony.
- Under using this program, we have no responsibility for the direct or indirect loss accomplished, or related and produced damages, etc.