Wi-Fi Direct Mode
Allows you to send content from a Wi-Fi Direct/Wi-Fi compatible device (e.g. smartphone, PC) to the TV by direct connection without a wireless router (or access point).
The TV can be connected directly with a Wi-Fi Direct/Wi-Fi compatible device (e.g. smartphone, PC) that also supports the “DLNA Push controller” function. Content such as photos/music/videos on the device can be played on the TV. No wireless router (or access point) is required to use this feature.
Press HOME, select → [Wi-Fi Direct Mode], then follow the on-screen instructions.
Operate the Wi-Fi Direct/Wi-Fi compatible device to connect with the TV.
Send the content from the Wi-Fi Direct/Wi-Fi compatible device to the TV.
For details, refer to the instruction manual of the device.
Using various functions
The following functions are available from the Options Menu.
When the standby screen for the Wi-Fi Direct Mode is displayed, press OPTIONS, then select the desired option.
- Allows the TV to connect with a Wi-Fi Direct unsupported device to enjoy the feature, as long as the device is Wi-Fi capable.
Select [WPS (Push Button)] if the device supports WPS. Otherwise, select [Other Methods] and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the set-up.
- Edit Renderer Name
- Allows you to change the name of the TV shown on the connected device.
- Show Device List / Delete
- Lists connected devices/deregisters all devices.
- A maximum of 5 devices can be connected. To connect any other device, perform deregistration first, then register the desired devices.
- Registration Notification
- Displays dialogue when attempting to connect a device with the TV. Activating this function can avoid an unintended device from being connected.
- If the TV is connected with a wireless router (or access point) at 5GHz;
- - 5GHz connection will be disconnected during the Wi-Fi Direct Mode, and features such as Media Remote, TrackID™, etc., cannot be used.
- - connection will be resumed when you exit the Wi-Fi Direct Mode.
- Registration information of connected devices will be erased if the TV enters standby mode.
- Connecting devices must conform to the following:
- - Wi-Fi Direct compatible devices: 2.4GHz connection (5GHz not supported).
- - Wi-Fi Direct unsupported devices: IEEE802.11n/g, 2.4GHz connection (5GHz not supported).
- Wi-Fi Direct is a mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.