- To install FrameWork 1.1
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs
Please note that when installing either of the Windows XP versions, users may no longer have access to some preinstalled software or will not be able to use some of preinstalled functions. Below are the functions that are confirmed to be unusable once users downgrade to Windows XP on VGN-CS1 Series:
1. Plug and Display function does not work.
2. Fn+F9/F10 (Zoom in/Zoom out) function key does not work.
3. Capture button cannot be used.
4. AV Mode button cannot be used.
5. Hard disk Drive protection function cannot be used.
6. Some contents in Bluetooth Utility help file are not correct.
7. There is no manual on how to use XP.
8. Sounds are not being output when playing back a DVD title which is used Dolby Digital Sounds by Windows Media Player.
9. BD drive is not supported.
10. Bluetooth GPS Unit does not work.
If the supplied XP installation disc is used to change the current Operating System to Windows XP Pro(This disc is only bundled with preinstalled Windows Vista Business models.), this driver need not be installed.
1. Download the FrameWork 1.ZIP file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and unzip the FrameWork 1.ZIP file to begin the installation.
3. Please double-click the SETUP.EXE file which you unzipped.
4. At the License Agreement dialog, read the agreement. Click I Agree to continue with the installation.
NOTE: Several setup boxes may briefly appear during the installation. Follow the installation wizard that appears.
5. When the installation finishes, please restart the computer if needed.