This is a specification of the product.
When receiving the Dolby Digital Plus audio, the TV is designed to mute audio from the DIGITAL AUDIO (OPTICAL) OUT jack.
- If you wish to listen to sounds with Dolby Digital Plus, connect the HDMI ARC jacks on the TV and the output target device with an HDMI cable.
- When you use an optical digital cable to connect the devices, you can listen to sounds as Dolby Digital with the steps below.
- Press the ACTION MENU button on the remote.
- Select Sound adjustments in the Display & Sound category.
- Select Advanced settings.
- Select Dolby Digital Plus output in the Input related category.
- Select Dolby Digital.